Monday, May 18, 2009

What was I thinking...


I have been reading the book "You Are What You Eat". I have been really fascinated with it and there was a 1 day cleanse in this book that I thought "One day can't really be that bad, right?" Well, I talked Jeremy and one of my friends Krystal into doing it with me about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to give you a little glimpse of what we did. We started off the day with fresh fruit, warm lemon water, herbal tea, everything was running really smooth until lunch. We had mint cucumber soup. Doesn't sound too bad, that is what I thought too. Mint cucumber soup has 3 cucumbers juiced, 1 cucumcer diced, diced parsley, diced leek, and diced mint leaves. This soup feeled up the whole blender. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!
We were dry heaving, gagging.... It was quite the experience. The day contuniued with more vegetable juices, a gross avacado juice that was so thick you could barely get it out of the cup, more tea, etc. By the time I got to dinner I couldn't do any more. I was really sick. I didn't even have dinner, do my dry skin brush or my detox bath and decided to go to bed. Well, about 5 minutes after laying down I ran to the bathroom and threw everything up. Yes...Self inflicted sickness, it was awesome.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND A
DETOX CLEANSE TO ANYONE.

5 comments:

ChicChat said...

Darn, I was hoping this was the next best thing. :) Thanks for trying it out for the rest of though.

Heath said...

What were you thinking is RIGHT! Just looking at that concoction makes me queazy. I have a great detox where all you do is dip your food in chocolate for a day...you'd love that one.

Tricia said...

I could have told you that it would be disgusting, you silly goose! I appreciate you telling me the story while we were out for a jog and my stomach was not in it's greatest state:)

Brooke said...

Oh I hear ya. I one made a commitment to myself that I would drink the amazing Dr. Oz's green drink for breakfast every morning for a week.

Um Yeah. It was so foaming and thick I couldn't do it one day.

Momma Fish said...

Andrew told me I'd better double check and make sure you know that us thinking Addy looks like Deb from Napolean Dynamite was a compliment. I think she is the cutest thing ever.