
A few weeks ago it sure felt like Spring and we were loving every minute of it. Well it is back to winter here in Utah. I am not happy about it. Well when we had good weather we decided to get BABY CHICKS! We have always talked about one day getting chickens and becoming more self sufficient, well we finally did it. In the long run this should be a big money saver for the Smith family considering that we go through almost 2 dozen eggs a week... yes a week! What can I say WE LOVE EGGS! We decided to make the chicks the girls responsibility or I guess Addie's considering Elle is not even 1. Addie has loved every minute of it, she loves to make sure they have food, water and their heat lamp. Elle is not quite sure what to think about these little fuzzy animals. It has been a lot of fun.


8 comments:
Your girls are so darling! I absolutely love the one of your darling little girl on the black chair! That is so cute! Love your blog!!
Are you kidding me?? SO CUTE! You guys are amazing! Good luck with that. :)
Wow how fun is that for you guys I can't wait to have addie tell me about it!! Hope all is well Love you guys!!
I love you guys and your crazy chicken ideas! I know I could never do it so hopefully one day we'll be able to enjoy your eggs :)
Your girls are so cute. Ty still talks about the baby chicks. :)
So, when are you getting a cow?
Seriously, that is a good idea and with the land you have it'll be perfect. I'll have to taste some to see if the freshness is evident with home grown eggs. FUN
How awesome are you guys? We'll see how long Addie likes to take care of them. It was the same story with my family dog. Ask my mom who cleaned up the poo...not the kids!
Those little chicks are the cutest things I've ever seen! Next time we come over you'll have to let us see them. Hailey would just love it!
Post a Comment